Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Rebuilding Brake Disc Calipers

Like a fool I went and painted my calipers before I rebuilt them. Now the brake fluid is totally destroying my paint work.

WARNING: Do not attempt to rebuild your calipers while sitting on the couch eating crisps and watching TV.

I wish I saw that warning before I started the rebuild. I managed to get brake fluid all over me when the piston popped out. Luckily none of it went onto the couch, otherwise it would have been my neck for sure.

I did a lot of reading around on the internet. And almost everyone suggests using an air-compressor to push out the pistons. Considering I don't have any of those fancy things I had to compromise.

All I used for my rebuild was some brake fluid, a small wire brush and a pair of needle nose pliers.

Just grab the suckers and pull.









No comments: