Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Third Start = Pass!

I managed to tune the carbs to a 900RPM idle. While tunning the carbs I noticed that the oil pressure at 3000RPM is a good 70PSI. Whilst at idle, its almost nil. I suspect this is almost normal operation for this car. A heavier oil (the car currently has 10W40) may register some oil pressure at idle. So things are looking promising!

The revs don't drop smoothly back to idle. They drop a few thousand, and then sit there, until you tap the gas again. Kinda like a rotary engine. I can hear a hissing sound from some of the vacuum connections, so I susepect the sticky idle maybe due to a vacuum leak.

If you can withstand the deafening ignition lock/key/something buzzer, here is another video.


I would like to thank everyone that has helped me on the JagLovers forum, as well as the members of the Ottawa Jaguar Club. Without your help, this car would have been crushed many months ago. I hope one day I will be able to give back to the community with my own expertise.

No comments: