Sunday, November 9, 2014

Fuel issues Fixed

After a bit of troubleshooting the problem came down to not enough suction from the pump. 

Thanks to the folks at I learned that my car has a fairly stock fuel system. Joel suggested that I check the cork disc (#10192) for cracks as this is a known problem area.
Lo and behold, that was it! There was a small crack in mine so I cut out a new disc from some generic fuel compatible paper gasket material and it fixed the problem right away. The pump was now strong enough to suck fuel.

What a wonderfully cheap and easy fix. I bet a garage would have done a full rebuild and charged me $500+ for the job. I did it with about 5 cents worth of gasket material. Very happy indeed.

No comments: